As soon as I could dress myself, at the tender age of three, my mom said I would change outfits at least 4 times a day every day. Even then, as a wee little girl who couldn’t make up her mind, I loved experimenting with fashion and putting together different outfits. (And creating huge piles of laundry for my mother in the process!) I grew up dancing and performing and was always excited to dress up in various different costumes that usually included a whole lot of sequins and glitter! I started my personal Edmonton-based fashion and lifestyle blog Marie a la Mode in 2010 (until 2017) to document my outfits and share my style and love for fashion with my readers. Blogging naturally lead to fashion and wardrobe styling and since launching my website and personal styling business in 2012 I’ve been featured on and in:
CTV Morning Live
Breakfast Television Edmonton
Mod City Magazine
CBC Radio Montreal
The Edmonton Journal
The Calgary Herald
The Vancouver Province
The Vancouver Sun
I’ve styled for and have worked with:
Press + Post Calgary
Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge
C Tribe Festival
CMT Canada/Lark Productions
“Mom’s A Medium”
West Edmonton Mall
Photographers Curtis Comeau, Cooper & O’Hara, Nicole Ashley, Kylie Reimchen, Harvey Miedreich and more.
Whitecourt’s 2018 Women’s Conference
2018 Rural Women’s Conference
I do love working in the glamorous fashion industry styling beautiful, professional models but I also have a passion for working with regular women (and men!) of all shapes and sizes from all different walks of life, helping them feel and look their best. I agree with the saying “True beauty comes from within” however I believe that when you look in a mirror and feel confident about what you are presenting to the world and absolutely love what you are wearing, this helps increase your self-esteem and feel even more beautiful and confident on the inside. You are worthy of feeling this way. Everyone is! I truly enjoy helping people find a style that works for them, reflects who they are and makes them feel positive about their life.
5 Fun Facts About Me:
- I’m a busy mom to a 3 year old boy who is a real spitfire. He constantly keeps me on my toes!
- Acting was my first love. I’m classically trained and still perform from time to time. You can find me on IMDB and in local commercials.
- In addition to being a Stylist, I am also a Barre Instructor and certified Pilates Instructor.
- I absolutely LOVE the ocean and the beach. My favorite place in the whole world is Santa Barbara, California. I got engaged and married there!
- I am addicted to Caramel Soy Frappuccinos (with light whip) from Starbucks. It’s a real problem. SEND HELP.